30 posters will be accepted. To be considered for the contest, you must be a graduate student or post-doctoral researcher. Abstracts will be reviewed as received until the total has been reached. The final submission deadline is Wednesday, April 3, 2024.
- For accepted posters, registration fees will be waived for first authors who are graduate students or post-doctoral researchers in academic institutions. If you are in this category: PLEASE DO NOT PAY A REGISTRATION FEE until you hear back that your abstract was not accepted. For all other accepted applicants, symposium registration and fee payment are required for participation.
- After that deadline, if 30 abstracts have not yet been approved, the Poster Review Committee will review and accept posters until that total is reached. However, abstracts received after that date will not be contest eligible.
- From the 30 selected abstracts, the Poster Review Committee will select 10 posters for final judging at the Symposium.
- Three prizes will be awarded: 1st Place: $500; 2nd Place: $300; 3rd Place: $200.
- The winners will be recognized in the closing session of the Symposium.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit posters on research projects relevant to the Symposium theme.
- Posters should address research questions rather than product descriptions or usage.
- Abstracts should be 200 – 300 words in length.
- Please e-mail your abstract to Karin Borgh, who will confirm receipt and manage communications related to the Committee’s review.
- Accepted posters should be sized up to 40″ x 30″. We have foam-core boards that you can pin or clip your poster on for easel display. The orientation can be reversed; your poster can be slightly larger (or smaller) and still fit fine. We will provide pins/clips and easels for your use.
- If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Borgh.