Contributing to the continued success of the biotechnology industry and to efforts aimed at enhancing the quality of education in the life sciences and of education overall -- building and strengthening communities which support lifelong learning.
Founded in 1993, the BioPharmaceutical Technology Center Institute (BTC Institute) is a non-profit, tax exempt, independent organization, which shares the BioPharmaceutical Technology Center (BTC) with Promega Corporation. Located in Madison, Wisconsin, more than 20,000 square feet of the BTC is designated for educational, scientific and cultural purposes. This includes a 291-seat auditorium, meeting rooms, classrooms, and laboratories for supporting biotechnology training and education. As indicated in its Statement of Purpose, the BTC Institute exists to:
- offer training in biotechnology and biopharmaceutical manufacturing;
- promote the exchange of information between industry, educators and the general public;
- support the development of high technology industries;
- facilitate science, technology, nature discovery and arts programs for children and young adults;
- encourage greater understanding of the creative process;
- enable community organizations to offer educational and cultural programs.
BTC Institute activities are supported through grants, program revenues and donations, and are often offered in partnership with other educational organizations, such as Madison Area Technical College (MATC), UW-Madison, the Cooperative Educational Service Agency in Dane County and the African American Ethnic Academy. Significant funding for middle and high school programs implemented during the BTC Institute's first five years of operation was provided by the National Science Foundation's Advanced Technological Education Program through grants received by MATC. Promega Corporation serves as the BTC Institute's primary corporate sponsor, with FOTODYNE, Inc. also currently providing support.
Check out our Academic Year 2012/2013 Brochure!
For More Information
Dr. Karin Borgh, Executive Director
5445 East Cheryl Parkway
Madison, Wisconsin, USA 53711