The POSTER CONTEST is closed; abstracts will be reviewed for inclusion in the general Poster Session only. Please follow the Submission Guidelines detailed below.
This year, a contest element has been added to the Poster Session. Here’s how it works:
(1) 30 posters will be accepted. To be considered for the contest, your abstract must be received by Wednesday, March 21, 2012.
(2) Symposium registration and fee payment are also required for participation. NOTE: For accepted posters, registration fees will be waived for first authors who are graduate students or post-doctoral researchers in academic institutions.
(3) After that deadline, if 30 abstracts have not yet been approved, the Poster Review Committee will review and accept posters until that total is reached. However, abstracts received after that date will not be contest eligible.
(4) The Poster Review Committee will select 10 posters for final judging at the Symposium. Authors of these posters should be prepared to present their posters to judges during Lunch/Poster Session time slot from 11:45am-1:30pm.
(5) Three prizes will be awarded: 1st Place: $500; 2nd Place: $300; 3rd Place: $200.
(6) The 1st Place winner will present his/her poster to attendees in the Auditorium following the last scientific talk of the afternoon.
(1) Applicants are encouraged to submit posters on research projects relevant to the Symposium theme (Neural Stem Cells: Generation and Regeneration).
(2) Posters should address research questions rather than product descriptions or usage.
(3) Abstracts should be 200 – 300 words in length.
(4) Please e-mail your abstract to Dr. Karin Borgh (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will confirm receipt and manage communications related to the Committee’s review.
(5) Accepted posters should be sized 4' x 4'.
(6) If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Borgh.